Eugenics

Eugenics

In the United States, people who had mental disorders were forced to stay in state hospitals and asylums where they were treated without much kindness and respect.  The view of the time period was on eugenics and looking to produce the best possible race.  In order to prevent society from having any more mentally ill citizens, compulsory sterilization became the law in many states.  Mentally ill patients were sterilized without their consent, and sometimes without their knowledge, while they were contained in hospitals so as to prevent them from interacting or mating with “normal” people (Whitaker, 2009).  This highway marker still stands in Raleigh, N.C., reminding people about a terrible time in U.S. history.

_________________________________________________________________

Whitaker, R. (2009). Deinstitutionalization and neuroleptics. In Y. O. Alanen, G. dC. Manuel, A. S. Silver, & B. Martindale (Eds.) Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Schizophrenia Psychoses: Past, Present, and Future, (pp. 346-356). New York, NY, US: Routledge/Taylor and Francis Group.

Page created by: Stephanie Lichiello and Alex Zelin

5 Responses to “Eugenics”

1. Best private proxies and finest placeholder pricing – discover bargain placeholder at DreamProxies.com

2. Ja Marotte says:

Buy Most cost effective USA Elite Private Proxies – Sole For DreamProxies.com – Top Proxy Price tags!

3. Hairstyles says:

hey there and thank you to your info ?I have definitely picked up anything new from proper here. I did on the other hand experience several technical issues the usage of this site, as I experienced to reload the website lots of instances previous to I may just get it to load properly. I had been wondering if your hosting is OK? Not that I’m complaining, but slow loading cases times will sometimes affect your placement in google and could damage your high-quality rating if ads and ***********|advertising|advertising|advertising and *********** with Adwords. Anyway I am adding this RSS to my e-mail and could look out for much extra of your respective interesting content. Make sure you replace this once more soon..

4. Kara Styers says:

Admiring the dedication you put into your website and in depth information you offer. It’s great to come across a blog every once in a while that isn’t the same unwanted rehashed information. Great read! I’ve saved your site and I’m adding your RSS feeds to my Google account.

5. […] in white coats come’. We live undiagnosed and governments use us. We ask for help and they sterilise us. We live through times of warfare and are exterminated. We post online and Facebook experiments […]