Renaissance

1400-1700

Renaissance

The Renaissance period was very important in terms of treating the mentally ill.  The poor and the rich differed in treatment options and even in terms of the types of treatment.  Many treatments were used that today would be looked at as appalling, such as electrical shocks and the use of immobilizing devices.  Treatment was different in the industrialized Western Europe than America due to the differences in population density (de Chavez, 2009; Dickinson, 1990; Parry-Jones, 1987).

______________________________________________________________

de Chavez, M. G. (2009).  Treatment of psychoses before the twentieth century. In Y. O. Alanen, G. dC. Manual, A. S. Silber, & B. Martindale (Eds.)  Psychotherapeutic Approaches to Schizophrenia Psychoses: Past, Present, and Future, (pp. 10-22).  New York, NY, US: Routledge/Taylor and Francis Group.

Dickinson, E. (1990). From madness to mental health: A brief history of psychiatric treatments in the UK from 1800 to the present. The British Journal of Occupational Therapy, 53, 419-424.

Parry-Jones, W. L. (1987). Asylum for the mentally ill in historical perspective. Bulletin of the Royal College of Psychiatrists, 12, 407-410.

Page created by: Stephanie Lichiello and Alex Zelin

15 Responses to “Renaissance”

1. Buy top level good quality proxies – Fully made up ELITE private proxies by using TOP standard of safety measures just out of DreamProxies.com

2. Free Samples says:

I have really learned new things out of your blog post. One more thing to I have noticed is that generally, FSBO sellers may reject you. Remember, they might prefer to not use your companies. But if you maintain a gradual, professional partnership, offering assistance and being in contact for around four to five weeks, you will usually be able to win interviews. From there, a listing follows. Many thanks

3. I have to point out my passion for your generosity giving support to men and women who must have guidance on this important issue. Your very own commitment to getting the solution across has been exceptionally helpful and has consistently empowered people just like me to reach their targets. Your amazing insightful help and advice denotes a lot to me and somewhat more to my office workers. Many thanks; from each one of us.

4. Joyce Byan says:

Buy professional high-quality proxies – Absolutely anonymous ELITE private proxies by using TOP a higher level reliability basically with DreamProxies.com

5. Hairstyles says:

Its like you learn my mind! You seem to grasp a lot approximately this, like you wrote the e-book in it or something. I believe that you simply could do with a few p.c. to power the message home a little bit, but other than that, that is wonderful blog. A great read. I’ll definitely be back.

6. Sweet blog! I found it while browsing on Yahoo News. Do you have any suggestions on how to get listed in Yahoo News? I’ve been trying for a while but I never seem to get there! Many thanks

7. Nice blog! Is your theme custom made or did you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple tweeks would really make my blog shine. Please let me know where you got your design. With thanks

8. yung trap nigga says:

lol this is shit gives no info just kill yourself you have mental health issues fuck

9. NEW WORLD ORDER says:

yea i also think that is true but yet i don’t know what your talking about

10. meghan and luke says:

thats true i agree with H says

11. bobbab says:

l;kjt589u2340

12. bobbab says:

ijdfhgvb89du6oi62+9–+9 …3336
    ี้เีัะีัเัีีัะึสนรจตี1496–**+9+

13. Darling says:

the information posted is minimal and provides no details of how or when these situations occured.

14. H says:

You don’t have enough details.