Stone Age

During the Stone Age, approximately 2 million years ago in Europe and 30,000 years ago in the Americas, it was believed that evil spirits caused mental illnesses or abnormal behaviors. The most common treatment during this time period was trepanning. The process of trepanation was done by drilling holes into the skull of the possessed person, therefore allowing the evil spirits to leave (Durand & Barlow, 2005).

____________________________________________________________

Arnott, R., Finger, S., & Smith, C. (2003). Pre-Columbian skull trepanation in North America. In R. Arnott, S. Finger, & C. Smith (Eds.) Trepanation: History, Discovery, Theory, (pp. 240-244). The Netherlands: Swets & Zeitlinger Publishers.

.Clower, W. T., & Finger, S. (2001) Discovering trepanation: The Contribution of Paul Broca. Neurosurgery, 49, 1417- 1425.

.Durand, V. M., & Barlow, D. H. (2005). Introduction to abnormal psychology and the DSM-IV-TR. In M. Taflinger (Ed.) Essentials of Abnormal Psychology Fourth Edition (pp. 1-15). Belmont, CA, US: Wadsworth Publishing.

.Kidd, G. E. (1946). Trepanation amount the early Indians of British Columbia. Men and Books 55, 513- 516.

.Missios, S. (2007) Hippocrates, Galen, and the uses of trepanation in the ancient classical world. Neurosurgical Focus, 23, 1-9.

Page created by: Taylor Warner

7 Responses to “Stone Age”

1. Hairstyles says:

Wow, wonderful weblog layout! How lengthy have you been running a blog for? you made blogging look easy. The overall glance of your website is wonderful, as neatly as the content!

2. Free Stuff says:

Good site! I really love how it is easy on my eyes and the data are well written. I’m wondering how I might be notified whenever a new post has been made. I’ve subscribed to your RSS which must do the trick! Have a great day!

3. Unlimited Top level USA Private Proxies – 100 Namelessness together with Best Accelerate – Spend money on Proxies Nowadays regarding DreamProxies.com

4. Best level of quality USA proxies – DreamProxies.com buy with the help of 50 cheap!

5. I like what you guys are usually up too. Such clever work and exposure! Keep up the amazing works guys I’ve you guys to blogroll.

6. John Malwal says:

psychology class student always finding some information online to help them doing their assignment as I want to. This website is helpful.
    Thanks